1. The title
The title of the programme will be Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.) under Commerce Faculty.The revised program will be introduced for -
- F.Y.B.C.A. from the academic year 2008-09
- S.Y.B.C.A. from the academic year 2009-10
- T.Y.B.C.A. from the academic year 2010-11
The objectives of the Programme shall be to provide sound academic base from which an advanced career in Computer Application can be developed. Conceptual grounding in computer usage as well as its practical business application will be provided.
3. Eligibility for admission:
In order to be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Computer Applications a candidate must have passed
- HSC (10+2) from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 45% marks in aggregate.
- Two years Diploma in Pharmacy Course of Board of Technical Education, conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Three Year Diploma Course (after S.S.C. i.e. 10 th Standard), of Board of Technical Education conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Every eligible candidate has to pass Common Entrance Test to be conducted by the respective Institute/College.
The duration of the B.C.A. Degree Program shall be three years divided into six semesters.
5. The scheme of Examinations:
The BCA Examination will be of 3600 marks as given Below
- (a) F.Y.B.C.A. (Sem I + Sem II ) : 1200 marks
S.Y.B.C.A. (Sem III + Sem IV ) : 1200 marks
T.Y.B.C.A. (Sem V + Sem VI ) : 1200 marks
- For Theory Paper There Will Be 80:20 Pattern
80 Marks : University Exam
20 Marks : Internal Exam
For Practical And Project Examination
Sem I to VI : 100 marks
Sem I , III , V : External Assessment
Sem II , IV ,VI : External Assessment
6. The Standard of Passing and Award of Class
In order to pass in the examination the candidate has to obtain 40 marks out of 100. (Min 32 marks must be obtained in University Examination.
The class will be awarded on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidate for all three years examinations.
The award of class will be as follows:
Aggregate Percentage of Marks Class
40 and above :- Pass
50 & above – Less than 60 :- Pass with II class
60 & Above – Less than 70 :- Pass with I class
70 & Above :- Pass with I class with distinction
7. Rules of A.T.K.T.:
- A student shall be allowed to keep term for the Second Year, if he/she has a backlog of not more than three theory & one practical or four theory heads of total number of subjects of the First year examination, which consist of First & Second Semester.
- A student shall be allowed to keep term for the Third year, if he/she has no backlog of first Year & if he/she has a backlog of not more than three theory & one practical or four theory heads of total number of subject of the Second Year examination which consist of Third & Fourth Semester.
8. The Medium of Instruction and Examination (Written and Viva) shall be English.
(Note: For detailed Syllabi please refer prospectus published by the University of Pune )