In the modern age of technology, access to huge amounts of information and ways to interpret it is of greater importance than ever. Real-time processing of this huge data is also crucial in all walks of life. With the availability of modern technologies of data storage, cleansing, and computing technology, the study of data science has expanded beyond the boundaries of mathematics and statistics. Data science employs a variety of instruments, scientific procedures, methods, and algorithms to glean insights from both structured and unstructured data. This programme combines statistical, computer science, and data- driven business management methodologies to extract information from data and drive decision making. The programme contains not only classic data analysis abilities, but also incorporates other crucial skills to perform multimedia and big data analysis Students are prepared to meet the challenges at the intersection between big data, business analytics, and other emerging fields.
Graduates with an IT background are able to perform technology-related tasks such as data processing, storage, and communication between computers, mobile phones, and other electronic devices. They can become experts with the analytical and logical thinking skills needed to handle real-world IT challenges. They acquire the expertise to detect, analyse, and solve problems for the same.
- To apply ethical practices in everyday business activities and make well-reasoned ethical business and data management decisions.
- To demonstrate knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilized in business decision making.
- To apply principles of Data Science to the analysis of business problems.
- To use data mining software to solve real-world problems.
- To employ cutting edge tools and technologies to analyze Big Data.
- To apply algorithms to build machine intelligence.
- To demonstrate use of team work, leadership skills, decision making and organization theory.
Graduate degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science / Computer Application/ Engineering / Technology or any other discipline with a minimum of two years of learning Mathematics or statistics from a recognized university / institution with an equivalent qualification.
An eligible candidate has to apply directly to the college through the college admission application form. Admission will be offered to the students on the basis of H.S.C. / 12th percentage.